Our Child Support Division utilizes numerous tools to enforce child support obligations. They include:
- Income withholding from the non-custodial parent’s employer
- Interception of income tax refunds (state and federal)
- Interception of unemployment compensation benefits
- Interception of lottery winnings
- Interception of SSD “back pay” to pay arrearages
- Withholding from SSD payments for current support
- Credit bureau reporting
- Driver’s and professional license suspension
- Financial institution data match (locating of bank assets)
- Cross matching new hire reporting
- Hunting and fishing license suspension
- Passport denial
- Federal loan data matching
- Computer automation of child support operations, including interfaces with numerous other state agency systems.
- Liens: Motor Vehicles and other personal property.